The first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi has dropped and Oh. My. God. is it wonderful. We know you’re probably busy watching the footage on an endless loop for the next 12 hours straight, but in case you want to slow it down a bit, we’ve grabbed all of the best screenshots from the trailer. Now you can examine the teaser shot by shot because what else are you going to do on a Friday night, ya know?
So what do we have here in this trailer? Quite a bit. Here’s a quick breakdown of what we see in the trailer.
- Rey’s hand slamming to the ground. She looks troubled. Is this part of her training?
- Wide frame shot of the island, Ach-to, her and Luke are on.
- Dope overhead shot of the island. I definitely want to vacation here.
- Rey standing on a ledge overlooking a cove.
- Rey’s hand on the ground again with pebbles rising a la Superman’s coffin in Dawn of Justice. She’s upping her Force game.
- Leia (I think) looking at a space map.
- What appears to be a destroyed Kylo Ren mask. A symbol for his character, perhaps?
- Best guess: an ancient text/artifact in the first Jedi Temple.
- Long shot of Luke training Rey. Badass. Love it.
- Rebel ships advancing on a bunch of AT-ATs in the distance.
- Finn, looking super comatose :(
- Poe Dameron and BB-8 running through a base under attack.
- X-Wings blowing up.
- The Millennium Falcon doing work in an air battle, obviously.
- Rey running with her lightsaber.
- Kylo Ren standing with his lightsaber looking menacing.
- What I believe to be Luke and R2-D2 staring at a burning building, perhaps a flashback to his Jedi Order 2.0 being destroyed by Kylo and the Knights of Ren.
- Captain Phasma leading stormtroopers through fiery debris, so maybe that previous shot wasn’t a flashback.
- Space battle. Dope.
- Luke saying “The Jedi need to end.”
- WAIT, WHAT?!?!
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Release Date: December 15, 2017
Director: Rian Johnson
Starring: Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, John Boyega, Carrie Fisher, Benicio del Toro, Oscar Isaac