Because it’s pretty terrifying to approach a complete stranger, online dating has become an insanely popular option for those looking for romance. While the convenience of hitting on babes from the comfort of your couch is unbeatable, it still can be tough to get a conversation going.
Women are constantly receiving messages from other dudes, making it necessary to have some game to stand out from the pack. Thankfully, AskMen posted an article with a ton of statistics from online dating site Zoosk about the success rate of specific opening messages. Your first impression is crucial, so delete that string of eggplant emojis and take notes on how to charm ladies like a real Don Juan.
- Messages that use the word “adorable” – 66% more responses
- Messages that compliment someone’s glasses – 39% more responses
- Messages that use the word “weather” – 39% more responses
- Messages that use the word “hi” – 22% fewer responses
- Messages that use the word “hey” – 35% fewer responses
I knew that just throwing out “hi” or “hey” was a death sentence, but I had no idea “adorable” was such an aphrodisiac. My only personal advice to add would be to always compliment a picture of a girl with her dog. 60% of the time, it works every time.
Those were just some of the stats that I found to be the most interesting. To check out all of Zoosk’s incredibly helpful data, head on over to AskMen.