So does the United States deliver mail on Christmas Day? No, mail is not delivered on Christmas. No, I could not sugar coat it any other way, sorry. You’ll have enough sugar come the holidays, trust me. Unless your dietary restrictions advise you not to, then my bad. But I devised a strategy to help make delivering packages simplified.
Here are some deadlines to follow to make sure packages arrive on time:
- December 15 — USPS Retail Ground™
- December 20 — First-Class Mail®
- December 21 — Priority Mail®
- December 23 — Priority Mail Express®
All post offices and federal offices will be closed this Christmas, as well as the following day, Monday. Here is a list of carriers that will not be delivering mail, including their holiday schedules:
- USPS is CLOSED, holiday schedule.
- FEDEX is CLOSED, holiday schedule.
- UPS is CLOSED, holiday schedule.
Some additional holidays on which mail is not delivered include:
- New Year’s Day
- Labor Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- President’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Columbus Day
- Memorial Day
This might serve as a big holiday reminder not to save getting those presents for the last minute. Get it done!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!