People might be asking, “Turn down for what?” these days, but we might’ve found an answer– a huge fiery blaze that consumes a frat house. There were no injuries, but the two guys who lived in the house have to find somewhere that isn’t still full of fumes for the foreseeable future. Firefighters are still looking into the cause, but it doesn’t look suspicious (so I guess that’s a no to it being caused by a rival fraternity). Frat house fires seem like they’re kind of the norm these days. The potent mix of students and incredibly flammable liquor ignite once they’re mixed with decorations covering entire buildings.
The fire happened at the Sigma Chi house early Friday, just after 3 AM (peak partying hours, obviously). Sigma Chi is already not recognized by the university (after allegations of home brewing), so I’m pretty sure the school’s not going to love the video of party-goers basically going insane in celebration of being back. It started in a duplex behind the main house, and eventually spread– first the deck caught fire, then the building and even the attic. It was so hardcore that the sprinkler system at the neighbor’s house even started spraying.
Luckily, no one was hurt. Even better? There’s a Snapchat story of the whole insane scenario. While most stories are so boring you click through them quickly, this one’s worth watching all the way through. It looks like a great party, up until the whole fire thing.