12 Reasons Why This Week Won’t Suck [November 26th - December 2nd]
I’m not going to lie to you all, it’s tough to defend a week that comes after a four day weekend. Even tougher when there’s not a whole lot of stuff going on. The good news is that we’ve got at least two great concerts in New York City, some must-see NBA matchups, and something called “the last week of college football before the bowl games.” Somewhere in there is are some last-minute holiday video game and movie releases.
Behold, the 12 best things you can look forward to this week.
Monday Night Football (Sports):
- Where: ESPN | When: 8:30 PM EST
- The Carolina Panthers take on the Philadelphia Eagles. Two of the most disappointing franchises this season going head to head. The only highlight might be that Cam Newton “Play 60” commercial that everyone’s raving about.
Knicks vs. Nets (Sports):
- Where: MSG / YES | When: 7:00 PM EST
- The game that was supposed to open the season for the Knicks and the Nets is finally coming to a reality. Remember that amazing start to the season that the Knicks had? If they lose to Brooklyn tonight, the two teams will have the same record.
Cyber Monday (Stuff):
- Tons of amazing deals on all sorts of sh*t.
- This is the deal I actually took advantage of. 75% off of ridiculously good Klipsch headphones.
Far Cry 3 (Video Game Release):
- “It’s like Skyrim with guns.”
- Except it’s really not. Still a solid buy. What it is really is the last major game noteworthy enough to consider buying before the new year.
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Video Game Release):
- Early reviews aren’t out yet but fans of the series will enjoy the fact that the game supports cross-platform play between the PS3 and the PS Vita.
The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses (Concert):
- What: A Concert Based On Music From the Video Game Series | Where: Theatre @ MSG
- Because I could not find anything that was more entertaining than this crappy concert. The 28th of November might be the most boring day in world history.
Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (Sports):
- Where: NBA TV | When: 8:00 PM EST
- The first game between the two teams since their major trade. If it weren’t for the battle in NY this Monday, this would be the game of the week.
A-Trak, A$AP Rocky, Pusha T (Concert):
- Where: Best Buy Theatre | When: 9:00 PM
- Three stars with their own fan bases collide for the first time onstage. “There are no openers and no headliners. All three performers will be performing with each other throughout the full 3 hour set.”
Killing Them Softly (Movie Release):
- Really the only movie worth watching that comes out this week, Killing Them Softly is the story of a mob-protected card game that gets robbed and the thug (Brad Pitt) hired to track down the thieves.
Last Day of Regular Season College Football (Sports):
- All the Conference Championships are this week. That’s why Notre Dame doesn’t have to play.
MLS Finals (Sports):
- Where: ESPN | When: 4:30 PM
- In case you didn’t know, the United States has a soccer league that’s getting better and better. The finals this year is between the LA Galaxy (Becks last game for them) and the Houston Dynamo, the same two teams as last year.
UKF Presents (Concert):
- Where: Webster Hall | When: Doors open at 10 PM
- If you like EDM then you’re probably familiar with UKF, the premiere name in the UK’s bass scene. They’re making their United States debut this weekend and are bringing the likes of Chase and Status, Borgore, Bare Noize, Delta Heavy, Dirtyphonics. The party‘s at Webster Hall and you can buy your tickets here.
- It’s Sunday. Football is like the only thing you’re supposed to do besides watch Homeland.