What To Do When Your Partner Wants To Try Something You Don’t [HE SAID / SHE SAID]
One of the best parts about dating someone new and gaining their trust is that you’ll learn they’re just as freaky and kinky as you are. Sure, all is well and good when they’re down to play Doctor but sometimes your girlfriend’s adventurous side can come back to bite you in the a**. For example, what happens when she wants to peg you as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones? Should you overthrow her rule or get down on your knees like a good midget? We’ll discuss the appropriate decision in this week’s He Said / She Said. [lead image via Shutterstock]
1. How Do You Ask Her What You Want? It’s important to start this discussion with how you approach your significant other when you’ve try to convince her to do stuff for you. Are you whiny or pushy? I’m guessing/hoping that this method hasn’t worked out for you; otherwise you’re totally f*cked. How can you expect to say no to something when she’s clearly already done something she wasn’t comfortable doing. Not only is begging an unmanly practice, it’s unproductive.
2. How Important Does It Seem To Her? Anyone will tell you that relationships are a two-way street. Eventually you’re going to need to do something that you’re not super excited about. Look at it this way, it’s much better going down on her for an hour while she reads The Hunger Games than having to go see that performance art show she was talking about, right?
3. How Scared Does It Make You? Sometimes being out of your comfort zone can be fun. Point and case prostate exams. It’s been scientifically proven that even a little prostate massage can go a long way to enhance a male orgasm. Still don’t feel comfortable with her sticking a thumb up your butt? Maybe you just don’t trust her not to tell your friends. Then again, it might just be you don’t want a finger up your butt. You’re the ones answering these questions for yourself.
4. How Likely Is It That It Will Put You In Jail or The Hospital? Like in the question above, sometimes it’s the rush of doing stuff that ends up being fun. However, if there’s a high likelihood of jail time, you might be getting something a little bigger than a thumb up your butt. Same thing with the hospital. Nurses are never as hot as they are in the porn industry and an older woman certainly isn’t going to be turned on when she’s changing your bedpans each and every day.
5. Is She Going To Do It To You In Your Sleep Anyways If You Say “No”? If the answer is “yes,” then you need to just go with it… Until you sneak off to the bathroom “to prepare” and then escape out the window. Don’t let the fear of rape make decisions for you.
It think the important thing to take from here is that the whole point of doing adventurous things is to try them out. As long as you’re comfortable and somewhat in control, I say have at it… BTW, the whole time I was writing this I was wondering exactly what it is that we wouldn’t want to do. The only 4 things I can really imagine a guy disliking is taking it in the butt (understandable), bondage (that could hurt), a 3 way with another guy (that’s on you), and having sex on her period (sack up). Am I forgetting anything here? Leave your comments in the section below.