Thanksgiving is here so why not spice up this years dinner with some Marijuana? You’ve heard of pot brownies but Marijuana can be added so so many more foods. Check out the recipes below for a few easy to cook ideas.
Editor’s Note: These recipes require cannabutter. Click here for detailed instructions.
Cannabis Candied Yams
Yields about 8 servings.
* ¼ cup canabutter
* ½ cup light brown sugar
* ¼ cup chopped pecans
* 1 large (40-ounce) cans large yams or sweet potatoes, drained
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* Mini marshmallows for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. In a saucepan, melt pot butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and pecans, simmering for a few minutes
3. In a large bowl, mash yams with a potato masher until you reach desired consistency.
4. Add sugar/pecan mixture, cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix thoroughly.
5. Transfer yam mixture to a metal pie pan and cover with marshmallows.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
7. Remove from the oven and place under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned.
Sausage, Apple and Cranberry stuffing
Yields 10 servings
• 5 cups of cubed white bread
• 1 pound of ground turkey sausage
• 1 cup of chopped onion
• ¾ cup of chopped celery
• 3 teaspoons of dried sage
• 1 ½ teaspoons of dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• ¼ cup of fresh, chopped parsley
• 2 Granny Smith apples cored and chopped
• ¾ cup of dried cranberries
• 1 to 2 cups of turkey or chicken stock
• 4 tablespoons of melted cannabutter
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread the cubes of bread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
2. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until evenly toasted.
3. Transfer toasted bread cubes into a large bowl and let cool.
4. Sauté the sausage in a large skillet over medium –high heat until cooked through, breaking up lumps until it is evenly browned.
5. Add the celery, onions, rosemary, sage and thyme and sauté until the onions are soft – around 8 minutes.
6. Add sausage mixture to the bowl of toasted bread cubes and add apples, dried cranberries, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add melted cannabutter and stock a little at a time stir through lightly. The stuffing mixture should be moist and not be mushy so only add enough that is needed.
8. Bake at 375 degrees in a casserole dish uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes until the top is crispy.
9. If using the mixture to stuff the turkey allow it to cool in the fridge before stuffing the bird.
Cannabutter Green Bean Casserole
Cooking time 30 mins, Serves 10 – 12
• 2 cans Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
• 1 cup milk (fat free or 2%)
• One onion finely diced
• 2 tablespoons of Cannabutter
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 8 cups cooked cut green beans
• 1 cup of French Fried Onions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet sauté the chopped onion in a little cannabutter over medium heat for a few minutes until cooked.
3. Stir in the canned mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper, green beans and 1 table spoon of cannabutter and mix well until its all warmed through.
4. Using the left over cannabutter grease the casserole dish.
5. Transfer to the casserole dish, sprinkle with French Fried Onions and bake for 15 mins or until hot and bubbling.
Pot Pumpkin Pie
* 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 cup half-and-half
* 1/3 cup marijuana butter, melted
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
* Whipped cannabis cream, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined.
3. Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined.
4. Add the eggs, half-and-half, and melted cannabis butter, and beat until combined.
5. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, and beat until combined.
6. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set.
7. Allow pie to cool to room temperature and top each slice with a generous amount of cannabis whipped cream before serving.
* Turkey, chicken or vegetable stock
* 6 Tbsp cannabutter
* 2 large onions, sliced thin
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* Salt and pepper to taste
* ½ cup balsamic vinegar
1. In a large skillet, melt canabutter over medium-high heat
2. Add sliced onions and sauté 10 minutes
3. Add rosemary and sage and sauté for 10 minutes
4. Add flour and whisk for 1 minute
5. Gradually whisk in stock and boil until gravy thickens, stirring frequently
6. In the pan that you baked the turkey in, pour the juices from pan into a large cup or bowl and spoon off fat. Add juices to the gravy.
7. Add vinegar to roasting pan. Bring vinegar to simmer over medium heat, scraping up browned bits. Pour mixture into heavy small saucepan.
8. Boil for about 3 minutes and add to gravy.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Optional: If you are not cooking the turkey or are using the juices for a non-medicinal gravy, simply add the vinegar to the gravy and simmer for 10-15 minutes.