Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock [VIDEO GAME REVIEW]
The good folks over at Activision are at it again with their latest installment to the Guitar Hero franchise. Guitar Hero numero 6 aka – “Warriors of Rock.” This time with more than 90 classic face melting tracks to choose from. We had a chance to sit down with the game over the past several days, and we are happy to report that YES this game rocks! And NO we didn’t rock out with our cocks out. Who even says that anymore??? Geez!
What makes this game so different from its preprocessors? I’m glad you asked… Warriors of Rock features more than 90 tracks (yeah that’s right – 90!!!) that include kick-ass hits from bands like Megadeth, Slipknot, and Black Sabbath and mega anthems from KISS, Queen, and Muse. Not to mention, Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine wrote and recorded a track called “Sudden Death,” an original song just for guitar hero, which was fully inspired by the game’s (quest mode) storyline.
- Quest Mode - Centered around a story-telling element narrated by Gene Simmons, where the player must help save the Demigod of Rock from a mechanized creature called “The Beast.”
- Quickplay + - Test your skills and rank up to earn exclusive rewards with up to 13 challenges per song – over 1,000 possible accomplishments on-disc
- Party Play Mode - This mode allows you to jump in / jump out of gameplay or switch instruments without stopping the music in Party Play Mode.
- New Guitar – The new guitars are available for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.
- Huge selection of tracks to choose from.
- Re-playability factor, super addictive.
- New guitar (better weight and functionality)
- No innovative new features.
- Quest modes isn’t as exciting as we’d like.
We give Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock a solid 9 out of 10. This is a definite purchase for fans of classic and not so classic rock. If nothing else this game will keep you, your friends, and even your family entertained for hours upon hours!