Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 [VIDEO GAME REVIEW]
Your chance to become a member of an ultra-secret jet fighter squadron is now at your finger tips, literally! Taking off and landing on aircraft carriers, mid-air refueling, and bombing the bu-jesus out of your enemies in unmanned aerial vehicles are common place when you are a member of H.A.W.X. Tom Clany’s H.A.W.X. 2 is now available from Ubisoft on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii.
H.A.W.X 2 is set in the Middle East, where a high level of violence is being registered, and the appearance of various insurgents leaders in various hotspots. Your team has to investigate the mysterious disappearance of Russian nuclear weapons. You’ll be controlling three groups: one American (Hunter), one British (Monroe) and one Russian (Sokov), each with its own pilots and supporting characters. There is also references to other characters in the Tom Clancy universe.
- 32 playable military aircrafts and 17 authentic non-playable aircraft
- Types of vehicles, each with its specific gameplay: UAVs useable for surveillance, phone tapping and air strikes, AC-130U Spooky gunship, used for close air support.
- ERS (Enhanced Reality System): Computer-generated paths that help new players guide themselves to more difficult paths.
- Precision weapons, which allow the player pinpoint precision from long ranges, also providing a close view of the targets: Precision Bombs, Precision Missiles, and Manually Guided Missiles.
- Intense air combat that can be seen from a variety of perspectives: Cockpit View with authentic instrumentation, Dogfighting Mode – a cinematic third-person view showcasing the battlefield, First and Third Person Views.
- Co-Op mode (the game’s best feature!)
- Beautiful graphics
- Fun dog fighting
- Aircraft physics
- User controlled take offs and landings
- Online multiplayer
- Number of aircrafts (less than H.A.W.X. 1)
- Difficult to land
- Controls are difficult to master (a flight stick would be a nice addition)
We give H.A.W.X. 2 a 7 out of 10. It is a fun arcade/sim flying game that will keep your mind and imagination running strong for many hours especially in co-op mode!