10 Halfcourt Shots That Shouldn’t Look So Damn Easy
Being a pretty big sports fan I’ve seen my fair share of amazing moments. From Hail-a-Marys to Hat Tricks it seems like one of the most universal “Holy $%^#” moments come on the hardwood in the form of the half court shot. Now the half court shot isn’t amazing because of the athleticism that it takes to perform one, but really because of the sheer luck it usually takes to make a bucket of this magnitude. So for your viewing pleasure, I’ve compiled 10 half-court shots that seem too good and almost too easy to be true.
10. Evan Turner’s game winner against Michigan earlier this year. As far as college basketball miracle shots go, this one has just about everything a hoops fan could ask for. The only set back was that it was in the Big Ten Tournament, so really after about a week. “One Shining Moment” and annoying announcers overpowered the amazingness that is this shot. The only knock is that it isn’t quite half-court.
9. It is said that we Dr. James Naismith created basketball, he envisioned a day when one man would rise above the masses and change the way we see the game…That man is Lebron James. Ok so that’s not true, but if there was any sort of myth surrounding a basketball savior, it makes sense that Lebron James would be involved. You don’t think so? Think any ordinary human can do this?
8. Seems like ol’ “Vinsanity” should have added this shot to his bag of tricks earlier in career. It’d probably save his legs more than trying to dunk on everyone.
7. And that damn Dwight Howard just has to try to one-up everybody.
6. Ok, Those are all cool, but hitting a sick half-court shot during a game is a whole different story. The fans, the adrenaline, the defense. That’s why this shot jumps up the charts on my list.
5. So these aren’t all technically half court shots, but, these guys have been featured on ESPN’s Sports Nation numerous times for their sweet stroke.
4. I’m not really sure how to classify this next shot, but since it hits the jumbotron that hovers about half court, I’m going to call it a half-court shot.
3. The sheer fact that I’ve never heard of this happening before gets these two shots in the number three spot.
2. Plain and simple, this sucks for the other team.
1. If you ever aspire to be a coach, you should learn one thing from this high school team and the previous clip and tell your team to “BOX THE #%*& OUT AFTER FREE THROW!”
So there you have it, sure some of these guys are ridiculously talented but hey, maybe if you work hard enough you can become the NBA’s first half court shot specialist! I mean, if there’s a place for Matt Barnes and JJ Redick in the league, then we all have a chance.